Made up of layers of asphalt and insulation, and reinforced with either polyester or fiberglass, modified bitumen roofs blend traditional and modern roofing technologies to create a multi-tiered protection system – great for protecting commercial low-slope buildings from water, extreme temperatures and wind. Modified bitumen roof systems have a number of installation methods, including asphalts and cold adhesives.
Modified bitumen roofing systems consist of six primary elements:
- Modified bitumen membranes – the main element of the roofing system, made from an infusion of polyester or fiberglass.
- Insulation – provides increased ‘R’ value, UV resistance, and limits heat transfer.
- Base sheets – adds increased durability and strength.
- Adhesives – secures roofing material and provides water resistance.
- Surfacing – protects the roof from ultraviolet light.
- Flashing – seals gaps in roof perimeter and prevents leaks.
The Benefits of Modified Bitumen Roofing:
- High flame resistance means an increased change of attaining Class-A fire rating.
- Can be applied directly over existing roof in the case of a re-roof.
- Has a lifespan of over 30 years.
- Highly reflective material lowers energy costs.
EPDM Roof Systems
EPDM Roof Systems are comprised of a rubber material that is known for its long-lasting durability that can hold up against a wide range of temperature and weather conditions. Read More…
PVC Roof Systems
PVC roofing is a highly pliable and durable material that can be used in a wide range of commercial roofing applications. PVC is particularly known for its ability to hold up against jet fuels and fatty oil exhaust, making it ideal for the food manufacturing, restaurant, and aviation industries. Read More…
TPO Roof Systems
TPO is a synthetic rubber compound that possesses a highly reflective quality not often found in commercial roofing systems. It has the ability to reflect up to 87% of UV rays, allowing it to maintain a temperature close to the ambient air, meaning heat is not transmitted into the interior of the building. Read More…
Built-Up Roof Systems
Built-Up Roofing (BUR) is a popular asphalt roofing system commonly used in commercial and industrial buildings. It’s ability to provide multi-layer protection make it highly water resistant and capable of providing long-lasting protection from environmental stress. Read More…
Roof Coating Restoration Systems
As a professional roofing company in Michigan, Incore Restoration Group is proud to offer a large variety of industrial and commercial roofing services. These include full-scale industrial and commercial roof coating. With our… Read More…